Friday, January 31, 2014

Discipline and Punishment


“You cannot punish me!” she cried. “You are not my Masters!”
“Any Free Person can punish an errant slave girl,” I said. “Surely you do not think that her behavior fails to be subject to supervision and correction as soon as she is out of her Master's sight?”
Magician of Gor, page 225


"The discipline of a slave," I said, "may be attended to by any Free Person, otherwise she might do much what she wished, provided only her Master did not learn of it." The legal principle is clear, and has been upheld in several courts, in several cities, including Ar. "
Magicians of Gor, Page 122

"Blood ran from my mouth; other blood I swallowed. My vision cleared; I could not believe the pounding of my heart. I had been cuffed. I knelt, terrified. At that time I did not realize how light had been my discipline considering the gravity of my offense. I had both spoken without permission, and broken position without permission. Most simply, I had been displeasing to a free man."
Slave Girl of Gor, page 34

"In Ar, as on Gor generally, a slave, on threat of torture and impalement, must endure whatever abuse a free person cares to inflict on him."
Assassins of Gor, page 282, 283
"Punishment for having to repeat a command is always at the option of the Master. For example, a command might not be clearly heard, or might not be clear in itself, or might appear inconsistent with the master's presumed intentions. Whether punishment is in order or not is then a matter for judgment on the master's part."
Magicians of Gor, page 198
“Strip,” he said.
“There are others present,” she protested.
His right hand, in a backhand blow, lashed forth, fierce and powerful, striking her from her knees to her side on the tiles. She rose to her hands and knees and, blood at her mouth, regarded him, disbelievingly.
“Must a command be repeated?” he inquired.
Swiftly she tore away the slave tunic, stripping herself."
Guardsmen of Gor, page 257
"Where you ever happy with a master?" I asked acidly.
"Oh yes," said Ute. Her eyes shone.
I looked at her disgustedly. "What happened?" I asked.
She looked down. "I tried to bend him to my will," she said. "He sold me."
Captive of Gor, page 83
"The leash, not uncommonly, can cause a woman to sexually blossom. This is presumably a function of such things as its actual restraint, which is quite real; its message to her that she is an animal, a slave; and its making clear to her, by a device, such as a bracelet, a brand or collar, what is the order of nature, who it is who controls her and who it is whom she must obey, who is the slave and who is the master. A leash, even apart from questions of training, of course, can have powerful emotional impact on a girl. It is a very useful way of convincing a girl that she is slave; similarly it can always serve as an effective reminder. Some girls do not seem to believe they are slaves until they have been leashed. But after that, and after having been put through "leash paces," there is seldom any doubt in their mind. Some girls beg to be leashed, sometimes crawling to their Masters, their leash held between their small, fine teeth. Most Masters use the leash at one time or another. A Gorean saying has it that a leashed slave is a hot slave."
Fighting Slave of Gor, page 366
"Master," said the girl.
"Yes," I said.
"You need not have struck me, earlier this afternoon," she said. "But I suppose that you are the judge of that, for you are the Master," she added, airily.
I looked at her.
"Surely one needs a reason for striking a slave," she said.
"No," I said.
"I see," she said, putting her head down. She trembled.
"Come here," I said. "Kneel before me, back on your heels."
She did so, looking at me. "Master?" she asked.
Suddenly I struck her, a fierce blow which flung her, mouth bloodied, to her side in the dirt.
I stood up. "Do you see?" I asked.
"Yes, Master," she whispered, looking up at me, horrified.
"Now kneel before me and kiss my feet," I said, "and thank me for having struck you."
Tremblingly, she crawled to me, and knelt before me. She put her head down. I felt her lips on my feet. "Thank you for having struck me, Master" she whispered. She looked up at me.
"Do you now understand that you are a slave?" I asked.
"Yes, Master," she said.
"Do you still think that a Master requires a reason to strike you?" I asked.
"No, Master," she said.
"And why is that?" I asked.
"Because I am a slave," she said."
Explorers of Gor, page 295
"Excellent slaves are seldom beaten, for there is little, if any, reason to do so. To be sure, such a girl, particularly a love slave, occasionally desires to feel the stroke of the lash, wanting to feel pain at the hands of a beloved master, wanting to be whipped by him because she loves him, in this way symbolizing to herself her relationship to him, that of slave to Master, her acceptance of that relationship, and her rejoicing in it."
Magicians of Gor, Page 124
“Any Free Man may discipline an insolent or errant slave,” I said, “even one who is the least bit displeasing, even one he might merely feel like disciplining. If she is killed, or injured, he need only pay compensation to her Master, and that only if the Master can be located within a specific amount of time and requests such compensation.” In virtue of such customs and statutes the perfect discipline under which Gorean slaves are kept is maintained and guaranteed even when they are not within the direct purview of their Masters or their appointed agents."
Players of Gor, Page 235


“New slaves are often treated with great harshness. It helps them learn quickly that they are slaves. Later, when the girl is well trained and her services become perfections she may be treated more leniently, even lovingly, like a dog.”
Dancer of Gor, page 90 & 91


"And then, suddenly, she screamed, caught fully, helplessly, in the blurred, whistling slash of the five-stranded Gorean slave whip.
Ten strokes did I give her.
Then she hung weeping, shuddering, at the ring. "How can you whip me?" she asked. "You are a man of Earth." I went to her and, by the hair, jerked back her head, and she cried out with pain. "Is this the touch of a man of Earth?" I asked.
"No," she said, frightened.
"Too," I said, whispering in her ear, "you are a new slave who has been brought recently to my house."
"No," she begged. "No!"
Sometimes a girl is whipped when she is first brought into a new house. It is regarded, in some cities, including Victoria, as a way of making clear to her that the house in which she now finds herself is a house in which she is a slave."
Rogue of Gor, pages 128 - 130


”A master takes no interest in the squabbles of slaves, it being beneath him. He of course would not approved had one of the girls been maimed, blinded or disfigured.”
Nomads of Gor, page 138
”About her neck was a thick metal collar to which a heavy iron chain had been fastened, the chain itself was attached to a large iron ring placed in the floor. I supposed she was being disciplined.”
Nomads of Gor, page 219


”What do you think should be her punishment?” asked Callimachus of me.
“If she is guilty,” I said, “whatever you wish, as she is a slave.” This was in full accord with Gorean law. Indeed, anything, for whatever reason, or without a reason, may be done to a slave.”
Guardsman of Gor, page 115


”Discipline?” breathed the girl.
“Yes,” said Mira, “the slave girl is subject to discipline and punishment. She is owned, like a sleen or tarsk is owned. She is owned, literally owned. You must understand that in its full sense. Accordingly, anything may be done with her that the master wishes. She may even be slain, if the Master wishes.”
“Then the slave girl is totally helpless,” said the girl. “she is totally at the mercy of the Master.”
“Yes,” said Mira.”
Blood Brothers of Gor, page 296
“Sometimes,” said he, “to discipline a bond-maid, she is hurled naked among the thralls.”
Marauders of Gor, page 89
"We carried a torch to the ice shed. We opened the heavy door, lined with leather, and lifted the torch, closing the door behind us.
In the light of the torch we saw Hilda. We approached more closely.
She lay on her side, in misery, across great blocks of ice; she could lift her head and shoulders no more than six inches from the ice; she could draw her ankles toward her body no more than six inches; small chips of wood, in which the ice is packed, clung about her body; she was bound, hand and foot, her wrists behind her, her ankles crossed and tied. Two ropes prohibited her from struggling to either a sitting or kneeling position, one running from her right ankle across the ice to a ring in the side of the shed, the other running, from her throat across the ice to a similar ring on the other side of the shed.
"Please," she wept.
Her teeth chattered; her lips were blue.
She lay before us, on her back.
"Please," she wept, piteously, "I beg to be permitted to run to the furs of Ivar Forkbeard."
Marauders of Gor, page 132
“Would you have touched her?” asked the Forkbeard.
“Yes, my Jarl,” whispered the young man.
“You see!” cried Ottar. “Let Red Hair strike!”
I smiled. “Let him be whipped instead,” I said.
“No!” cried Ottar.
“Let it be as Red Hair suggests,” said the Forkbeard. He then looked at the thrall. “Run to the whipping post,” he said. “Beg the first free rnan who passes to beat you.”
Yes, my Jarl,” he said.
He would be stripped and bound, wrists over his head, to the post at the bosk shed
“Fifty strokes,” said the Forkbeard.
“Yes, my Jarl,” said the young man
“The lash,” said the Forkbeard, “will be the snake.”
His punishment would be heavy indeed. The snake is a single-bladed whip, weighted, of braided leather, eight feet long and about a half an inch to an inch thick. It is capable of lifting the flesh from a man´s back. Sometimes it is set with tiny particles of metal. It was not impossible that he would die under its blows. The snake is to be distinguished from the much more common Gorean slave whip, with its five broad striking surfaces. The latter whip, commonly used on females, punishes terribly; it has, however, the advantage of not marking the victim. No one is much concerned, of course, with whether or not a thrall is marked . A girl with an unmarked back, commonly, will bring a much higher price than a comparable wench, if her back be muchly scarred. Men commonly relish a smooth female, except for the brand scar."
Marauders of Gor, page 105

No comments:

Post a Comment