Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Visit & New Job Offer in Telnus Isle

Visiting Telnus Isle.

There is a lovely map in the library by Necrella based on the works of John Norman.

=======================================

[17:15] Reno Beattie: "lets walk down to the Library, I do believe Lady Jill is in her office" ...

... [17:17] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels) looks up and smiles, rising from her chair

[17:17] Kati Evans: Greetings.

[17:17] Reno Beattie turning at the top of the stairs "Evening LAdy Jill, this is Lady Kati, the one I spoke to you of.... Kati this is our Head Scribe Lady Jill"

[17:17] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Tal Reno, Tal Lady. I am Lady Jillian, well met!

[17:18] Kati Evans: Well met Lady Jill

[17:18] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Please have a seat and we can talk. And feel free to ask any questions you may have. *motions them both to a seat*

[17:19] Reno Beattie looks to Jillian "I have not mentioned what we have spoke about... just that you both should talk"

[17:20] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels) nods and looks to Lady Kati "Well, as I mentioned to Reno, we currently have an over load of Magistrates and no other Scribe, save myself.

[17:20] Kati Evans: Oh?

[17:21] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): I do have several options within the Scribes that I would like to discuss with you, however if you have your heart set on Magistrate we can perhaps work something out.

[17:22] Kati Evans: I have been a magistrate since I became an adult. It would be very unusual to do something different.

[17:23] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): I see.

[17:23] Kati Evans: What else where you thinking of?

[17:23] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Well one of the things I had in mind would be to be an instructor in our School for apprentice Scribes and Magistrates, but I am getting the idea that that would not be of interest?

[17:24] Kati Evans: Oh, I was going to start teaching a man about being a magistrate, but before that I was going to have to teah him about being a scribe. However things changed.

[17:25] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Let me explain a bit about it, and who knows? Perhaps this might indeed be something you might have an interest in.

[17:26] Reno Beattie sits back listening to the both of them relaxing a bit

[17:27] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): When I was in Rorus, most of the scribes sat around in the bakery not doing anything. They had no interest in actually doing anything within the caste. In addition, apprentice scribes were left with no training and nothing to get the interested so they too sat in the bakery flirting.

[17:27] Kati Evans: Oh that doesn't sound good.

[17:28] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): And a few of us actually did all the work. I thought if I developed a course of study that would kind of give them the basics , as well as letting them know about the role play of a scribe and also the course of study that the GOrean Academies used - we could actually get them involved with the city, as well as involved and invested in their Caste.

[17:28] Kati Evans: To many don't have something to o with their time it causes problemms.

[17:29] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): It was 2 part - part 1 was about the city and the role play plus study guides to use in part 2. Part 2 was the actual course that most of the academies use here in SL GOR.  It was my plan to then set up a course of study for Magistrates. Full scribes who came to the city and wanted to go for Magsitrate would go through that class - apprentice scribes with an interest to be Magistrate would take both courses - does that make sense?

[17:31] Kati Evans: Oh, it does.  It all sounds interesting.

[17:32] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Now - I am looking for someone to be the instructor for both Scribe and Magistrate Courses of Study - this would be a Senior Scribe position within the Blue Caste.

[17:32] Kati Evans: Sounds easier than being a Magistrate. ... and they would be those that want to learn.

[17:34] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): The Scribe portion is done and ready to go. What I would want from the person who takes this on is to look over the Scribe Course, and set up a similar course for Magistrates. Then they would be responsible for monitoring the students, assisting them if they get stuck and when they complete the course, they would meet with me and the candidate and determine if they had passed the course. Does that make sense?

[17:36] Kati Evans: It does sound interesting ... very interesting actually.

[17:37] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): I actually thought it would be a great position for someone with a heart for helping and teaching. And it does put you in a senior position within the caste. It sounds more interesting than what I am doing now.

[17:39] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): I am really hoping to put someone in the position who will love it - I have a certificate that we will be giving out and it will be signed by both you and I. Just like the Gorean Academies do *winks*

[17:40] Reno Beattie ponders takig the class

[17:41] Kati Evans: Hum, the teacher would need to pass the course to too.

[17:41] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): I take it you never took the formal course?

[17:41] Kati Evans: Be bad if the teacher can't pass it.

[17:41] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels) laughs

[17:41] Kati Evans: I took Jan's class in pieces.

[17:41] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Here's the thing - and I will be honest with you. I never took a class. I learned on the run and by asking and speaking with other scribes.

[17:42] Kati Evans: They always kept me so bust that I might get 1,3,4, and 6 one think... and 2 & 8 the following. Never all together but in odd pieces.

[17:42] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): By setting up this course however, I put together study guides and I could pass it easily. lol

[17:43] Reno Beattie: I learned by running n owning cities.....

[17:43] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Exactly - and that is not a bad way to learn.

[17:43] Kati Evans: Well that is how I learned, doing the work.

[17:44] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Let me give you my intro to the course - it gives you a bit of my background and philosophy

[17:44] Kati Evans: Oh that would be good. Kati Evans sits looking at the document.

[17:47] Reno Beattie: very nice

[17:47] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): To be honest - I think learning as we did is actually more practical - many of the scribes I have had that finished those courses were horrible. That is why I included part 1 - to kind of draw them into the role play of the city and to help them become more invested in the work of the caste. We were all invested in what we were doing - and we learned
[17:48] Kati Evans: Class work never replaces actually work in a position.

[17:48] Kati Evans: This is true.

[17:48] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Nope

[17:49] Kati Evans: Wish my father was here to ask what to do. Reno what do you think of this idea of being a teacher?

[17:49] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): This is part of the part 1 I was telling you about (In the process of changing over from Rorus to Telnus and haven't quite finished it all up). One thing I want to emphasize is this - It is important to remember that you are a member of the Blue Caste - this is a High Caste, and as such you are expected to comport yourself with dignity. Inappropriate behavior will be dealt with by the Head of Caste. Too often I have seen scribes running around acting like slaves and I want to instill pride in our apprentices. We all want to have fun and goof around at times OOC - but ICly I really want a strong and dignified Blue Caste.

[17:52] Kati Evans: I totally understand. It is important to behave accordingly.

[17:53] Reno Beattie: agreed

[17:53] Kati Evans: My father was Ubar of Rarn. He insisted I behaved as an Ubar's daughter should and had me taught how since I was small.

[17:53] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Well, this isn't something you need to decide on the spot. If you do decide to join us here, you can decide at that time what you wish to do. I am sure we can figure it out. *smiles*

[17:54] Kati Evans: Yes, this is a lot to think about.

[17:54] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels) nods "Indeed, and I had no worries about you. I just wanted to make sure it was stressed to them that they are high caste - act like it"

[17:55] Kati Evans: Yes, that would be something I would want of those I were to teach.

[17:55] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): They would be a reflection of you, I totally agree!

[17:57] Kati Evans: Agreed.

[17:57] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): If you do decide to do this - it would be your baby. You would take it and run with it. I will sit with you and them upon their conclusion of the course. And I will make up the certificates to present to them (Unless you are a whiz at photoshop and want to take that on as well)). You would be the Scribe/Magistrate Instructor of Telnus. Senior Scribe.

[17:58] Kati Evans: Oh

[17:58] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): When I was in ROrus, I actually had a few not of Rorus study under me because they had no full scribe in their cities. It would be up to you to decide if you wanted

[17:59] Kati Evans: I thik it would be a good thing eventually. It might being bring new blood to the city. Not sure if it would be good the first class though.

[18:00] Kati Evans: As for the documents they would look better most likely if you did them.

[18:00] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Well as a new city, we are starting off slow. So there would be time. If you decide to do this - you are not alone. I am here. I am not going to throw you to the lions *grins* And when I finish up changing it over to Telnus, I will send you Part 1 and Part 2. That will give you an idea on how the Magistrate Course could go - and I will be happy to help you with that as well.

[18:03] Kati Evans: Hum... Scribe/Magistrate Instructor is a mouthful but sounds good since it would remind the students that I am a magistrate and have done what I am teaching them.

[18:03] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Exactly!

[18:03] Kati Evans: I learned to be a Magistrate by being thrown to the lions... *giggles*

[18:04] Sara Beattie (foolishgirl) entered chat range (19.28 m).

[18:04] Dallin (dallinpink) entered chat range (19.87 m).

[18:05] Kati Evans: Sure a lot to think over.

[18:05] Sara Beattie (foolishgirl): Smiles as she approaches "Tal Love, Tal Jill and Kati"

[18:05] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Well then - this will be a cake walk for you, and as I said - I am right here. I will back you 100% to get this going. Tal Lady Sara - so nice to see you.

[18:06] Kati Evans: Tal Lady Sara... dillian.

[18:06] Reno Beattie hears he foot steps behind him "tal love" and continus to listen to the coversation "tal mine"

[18:06] Dallin (dallinpink): "Greetings my Master Greetings Mistresses" making sure she didn't interupt them

[18:06] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels) wiggles her fingers "tal dallin" Well, I need to go to dinner now (afk) and I think I have given you a lot to think about *smiles*

[18:08] Kati Evans: Yes, there is a lot to considerr. May I have a day or two to get back to you on this?

[18:09] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): And that isn't your only option.

[18:09] Kati Evans: Oh?

[18:09] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Of course, you have to decide if you want to be here anyway.

[18:09] Kati Evans: Sounds like a good one though.

[18:09] Sara Beattie (foolishgirl): perks an eyebrow as she hears Kati speak and remains silent not to interrupt the conversation

[18:09] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Well no, I don't want to put you in a position that you are unhappy with.

[18:10] Kati Evans: Well I do tend to enjoy teaching others things. Sounds like this would just be in a more formal way.

[18:11] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): It would be your baby - you can manage it however you are comfortable.

[18:11] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): And if one way isn't working, you can adjust it and make it fit.

[18:12] Kati Evans: That does sound nice.

[18:12] Kati Evans: Sounds like a more interesting job than my current one.

[18:12] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): Let me finish totally switching it over to Telnus and I will pass you part 1 and part 2 - and you can look it over and tell me what you think.

[18:13] Kati Evans: Oh that would be nice to read what you have done.

[18:13] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels): I will finish it up after dinner and send it to you.

[18:13] Kati Evans: I will look forward to reading it over.

[18:15] Jillian Serevi (jillian.daniels) rises and smooths down her skirts ((really have to go now lol)) "It was a pleasure meeting you Lady. I wish you all most well!"

[18:15] Dallin (dallinpink): "well wishes to you Mistress"

[18:15] Reno Beattie: "I wish you well Lady Jillian"

[18:15] Kati Evans: Nice meeting you

No comments:

Post a Comment