Thursday, June 12, 2014

In the orbit of Hesius - Civilities and Social Habits

Civilities and Social Habits


“I was caught,” it said. “I was treated like an animal.”
“Yes,” I said.
“I am a civilized being,” it said.” (Players of Gor)
 
“Go,” it said. “They will learn that even a gentleman knows how to fight”
“Are there many like you in your country?” I asked.
“Countries”, it said.
“Countries,” I said.
“Some,” it said.
“I see,” I said.
“Go,” it said.
“What is your name?” I asked.
It made a noise. “That is my name,” it said.
“I cannot pronounce it,” I said.
“That is not my fault”, it said.
“I suppose not,” I said.
“I would really appreciate it, if you would leave,” it said.
“Very well,” I said. (Players of Gor)
 
 
“I am below the rings.  With me is Sardak, who is within the rings.  I speak on behalf of the Peoples, and the chieftains of the Peoples, those who stand above the rings. I speak on behalf of the Peoples, and the cheiftains of the Peoples, those who stand above the rings.  I bring you greetings from the Dominants, and from the Conceivers and Carriers.  No greetings do I bring you from those unworthy of the rings, from the discounted ones, the unnamed and craven ones.  Similarly no greetings do I bring you from our domestic animals, those who are human and otherwise.  In short, honor do I do unto you, bringing you greetings from those who are entitled to extend greetings, and bringing you no greetings from those unworthy to give greetings.  Thus, then, do I bring you greetings on behalf of the Peoples, on behalf of the ships, and the Steel Worlds.  Thus, then, do I bring you greetings of behalf of the cliffs of the thousand tribes.”  ( Savages of Gor)
 
Below us, in the valley, we could see the coals of thousands of fires in the camp of the Kurii.  They slept, curled, several in each shelter.  The field shelters of the Kurii are made of skins and furs, arched over bent saplings.  Each is little more than four or five feet high, with a comparable width, but is fifty or sixty feet in length, some being as long as a hundred feet in length.  These shelters, too, are often curved and irregular in outline; sometimes they adjoin one another, with entrances giving mutual access.  They resemble caves, sometimes networks of caves, constructed in the open.  Kurii drop to all fours to enter and leave them.  No Kur enjoys sleeping exposed.  If in a field they will sometimes even burrow into the ground, almost like a lseen, and cover the opening with grass and sticks from the bottom. It always sleeps with its head toward the opening.  (Marauders of Gor)
 
No Kur, however, I am told, of whatever race or type, will eat the meat of another.  This is interesting, considering the ferocity of their carnivorous dispositions.  They hold the human, unfortunately, in no such regard.  (Marauders of Gor)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment